Step 1 – Doctor Appointment for Qualifying Medical Condition
A Medical Cannabis Card issued by the WV DHHR is required to purchase medical cannabis at Barboursville Cannabis Company. The process is quick and simple for those that qualify!
Patients can make an appointment to meet virtually with a doctor, who can certify the qualifying medical condition and provide you with the required Patient Certification Form you need. The following companies provide quick and easy same-day, “get a certification or your money-back guaranteed” telehealth patient certification appointments online:
- Elevate Holistics
- Green Health Docs
- West Virginia Marijuana Card
- Releaf Specialists
- Alternative Wellness Centers
In West Virginia, you must be diagnosed with one of the following conditions to receive a Medical Cannabis Card:
- Position status for human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- Huntington’s disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Intractable seizures
- Sickle cell anemia
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain
- Terminal illness that is defined as a medical prognosis of life expectancy of approximately one year or less if the illness runs its normal course
Step 2 – Submitting Required Documents to WV Office of Medical Cannabis
After obtaining a Patient Certification Form from a licensed Doctor, you will need to register for a WV DHHR patient account using the state’s online portal, MyComplia. Click the registration link below:
WV Medical Cannabis Patient Portal
Click the “Register” button at the top right of the page.
Complete the application in the registration portal. You will need the following documents:
- Digital photo of passport quality
- Photo ID, such as a copy of your driver’s license
- Proof of West Virginia residency. View the list of acceptable documentation here.
- Copy of the completed Patient Certification form provided to you by your Physician
Submit payment ($50 USD unless a financial hardship waiver is requested and approved).
Your application will be reviewed within 1 week to 30 days and you will receive an email regarding the status of your application. If you have not heard from the office of medical cannabis by 1 week after submitting your documents, we recommend calling the WV Office of Medical Cannabis to make sure your file was received without issue.
If your application is denied, you will be informed of the reason. If your application needs a correction, it will be rejected and sent back to you to correct and resubmit. You will not need to create and submit a new application.
If your application is approved, your WV Medical Cannabis patient card will be issued. We look forward to seeing you at Barboursville Cannabis Company!
Worried that you might not qualify? Call Barboursville Cannabis Company’s expert budtenders at 304-949-8588 if you have any questions or concerns about navigating the process to get your WV Medical Cannabis Card.